The village of Mouriatada is 7 kilometres northeast of Kyparissia, on an altitude of 281 metres. It was founded 200 years ago, around the year 1800, by breeders from Arcadia. According to one tale, the name of the village comes from the many mulberry trees of the area, which in Greek is moura. Another version maintains that the name comes from the berry of the wild olives of the area.
In the old Elementary School is a monument to the dead of 1821 and 1940. In the village's centre is a church dedicated to Zoodochos Pigi (Life Giving Fountain), and around the village are more churches, one dedicated to Saint Mary and a few chapels on the northwestern side of the village, dedicated to Agios Nikolaos, Agios Ioannis and Agios Dimitrios.
On a distance of 1.5 kilometres is an archaeological site of an ancient city, along with a robbed vaulted tomb.
The village's 80 residents are mainly engaged in olive cultivation and animal husbandry.