Polidroso is an alpine settlement of only 3 residents, located on the slopes of mount Parnon, at an altitude of 1,100m above sea level, and 38km to the northeast of Sparta.
Its older name was “Tsintzina”, and it is referred with that name for the first time in a Byzantine Chrysovoulo (golden-sealed official document) of Emperor Andronikos II Palaiologos, in 1290 (approximately). The meaning of the name is not precisely known, but it might come from the Tsaconic dialect that was spoken by the locals in older times.
The village is built on an exceptionally beautiful location on the slopes of mount Parnon, in a forest of firs. Amongst the sights of the area, some of the most notable are the church of Agios Ioannis, Agia Marina, and the Monastery of Agioi Anargyroi. There are a few tourism-oriented establishments in the village, such as hostels which travelers may stay in.