Stimagka is situated at an altitude of 512m with approximately 1,150 residents who mainly engage in agriculture. The village, which is one of the oldest in the prefecture of Korinthia, took its name after Nikolo Stimagkas, a man from north Epirus to whom the Palaiologos family of Mystra granted the area. The different archaeological findings prove that the region was inhabited from the ancient times. Nearby there used to be the famous city of Thyamia from the 5th century BC. One of the oldest buildings is the school built in 1898, which opened its doors for the first time in 1905.
Every year, during Apokries (the period of carnival) the village organizes a big carnival with people from all the surrounding areas. Stimagka has the highest per capita income of all Greece’s villages. It is notable that the village is known for the quality of its grapes as well as its raisins (it produces annually 20,000 tons). The village also organizes every year different cultural events and feasts.