Xanthochori is located on a mountain, at an altitude of 959m above sea level. It has an incredible view of the valley of Zireia, the Corinthean Gulf, the observatory of Kryoneri, Loutraki, and Corinth. Most of the village's houses are made of stone. During the winter, Xanthochori's residents move to Xylokastro and other villages, and it is left uninhabited. There is just one coffee house in the village, which only operates from May to October. The surrounding area is verdant, with many vineyards, apple trees, plum trees, and chestnuts. Its first residents came from the area of Kalavrita, approximately in 1800. The church of Panagia ('Virgin Mary') is located in the village's central square, a temple that closely resembles the appearance of another church, that of Agios Vlasis located in Xylokastro. The village was given its contemporary name in 1928. The chapels of Agios Vasilios, Profitis Ilias, and Agios Nikolaos are located near the area. There was also a raisin-production cooperative based in the area.
COUNTY: Corinthia MUNICIPALITY: Xylokastro-Evrostini