Gomosto is a village in a plain of 249 inhabitants mainly farmers and cattle-breeders. The village belongs to the municipality of west Achaea of the prefecture of Achaea and is 7km from Kato Achaïa and 27km from Patras.
Gomosto is recorded for the first time in Turkish documents of 1461 as a village inhabited by Arvanites. After the Ottoman empire cattle-breeders came to settle, mainly from the mountainous village of Zoumbata (Pigi) located in Mount Panachaïko. Gomosto was firstly built in a different location, but its inhabitants abandoned it because of the vendetta that followed a murder.The Cultural Association of Gomosto organizes many events for the feast of John the Baptist on 29th of August and for other occasions. The old primary school is now a cultural center.